Marketing Automation Specialist
As part of a global marketing team for DE&P, act as the global expert/super-user of Pardot within the global sales and marketing operations team. Enable the demand generation & field marketing teams to deliver marketing sourced pipeline (both direct and through channel partners) in support of the revenue targets of the DE&P business.
Campaign process and execution ownership
- Act as a consultant/help-desk to the field marketing teams on how to maximise Pardot campaign set-up, testing and execution
- Owns the campaign set-up and execution process (in line with the guidance from the marketing managers)
- Advise/keep up to date with digital marketing best practices
- Monitor, revise and update lead scoring criteria
Admin and Support
- Act as the super-user for Pardot
- Train new users, coach existing users, understand/implement new functionality
- Integrate marketing and sales efforts through automated programs to make marketing execution more simple, scalable, repeatable, and effective – utilising full functionality
- Responsible for all reporting of Marketing campaigns and all connected digital elements.
- Make recommendations for improvements with future campaigns, based on insights
- Recommend how to improve web site based on path analysis
- Own the marketing database: understand data sets, make recommendations about target lists, data cleansing, data augmentation etc.
- Responsible for data compliancy, managing permissions & customer preferences, interface with legal/IT team
- Constantly review pick-lists, data capture requirements, web forms, progressive profiling etc.
Sales & marketing systems integration
- Ensure a smooth process/data flow between the website, marketing automation system and CRM system Manage data feeds/plug-ins
- B2B Marketing expert with 3-5 years’ experience with marketing automation systems is a must. Ideally of Pardot, but candidates with a demonstrable understanding of automation principles plus strong database experience with Marketo/Eloqua/Hubspot would be considered
- Proven track record in campaign management & analysis, digital marketing and lead generation
- Deep understanding of web analytics (Webtrends, Google Analytics or equivalent packages)
- Clear ability to articulate complex customer journeys to all
- A love for getting into the nitty-gritty of data
- Good grasp of PPC including Google AdWords is preferable
- Social Media campaign management experience
- Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies with a passion for database marketing and customer insight
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work with others at different levels in the organisation
- Experience with Content Management systems preferable
- Focus on driving measurable results
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse, multi-location, and geographical teams and partner successfully with Sales management and Sales enablement teams
- Strong team player who is passionate, quality driven, technology savvy and self-motivated
Strategy & Planning Beginner – SP 1
Has a basic knowledge of the marketing audit process comprising external and internal situation analysis. Has a growing knowledge of relevant market, customers and competitor dynamics and current organisation’s strategies. Makes use of news-feeds, data from analysts, and internal marketing intelligence sources.
Portfolio Management Intermediate – PM 2
Has a developing understanding of Centrica DE&P capabilities and its offers, and how these relate to customer issues and opportunities. Has a basic understanding of the commercial terms appropriate for different types of offers. Has a basic understanding of how to create a value proposition.
Content & Communication Advanced – CC
Plans integrated marketing communications, selecting the best mix to achieve overall marketing or program objectives. Determines the most effective and cost effective media such as digital, PR, AR etc. Designs integrated communications to build a progressively evolving relationship with prospective buyers. Has in-depth expertise in digital media. Ensures that the service messages overall are consistent with each other and align with the corporate message. Designs and applies metrics to evaluate and measure results.
Marketing Operations Advanced – MO 3
Provides input and recommendations to define the appropriate processes and systems required for the marketing community to run an effective and efficient service, working with internal stakeholders to ensure that their needs and preferences are taken into account. Establishes clear measurable objectives and targets for marketing programs, allocating budgets to support their achievement. Produces marketing performance reports using the metrics provided by others in the team, and highlights areas for improvement or change.
Sales & Field Enablement Intermediate – SE 2
Works collaboratively with sales and account teams and takes action to ensure sales readiness for all service launches. Proactively recommends the digital sales collateral, tools and education appropriate for each campaign, liaising with the sales team to ensure they are fully briefed and able to use the materials available. Seeks feedback from the sales teams on the effectiveness of materials to drive further improvement in the marketing service provided around specific campaigns.
Partners & Alliances Intermediate – PA 1
Has a basic understanding of partners’ landscape and assists in developing partner relationships, completing tasks within an overall partner campaign context as requested.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Marketing Automation Specialist R9928824’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.