Associate Solar Sales Consultant - Pennsauken, NJ
The Associate Solar Sales Consultant is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the Regional Sales Consultants. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential for this role.
This is a full-time position with Direct Energy Solar. This role has a competitive base salary and bonuses linked to sales performance along with competitive health care benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401k match, employee stock ownership program, PTO and the ability to advance quickly in a rapidly growing company. This position offers you the freedom to manage your own schedule. Associate Solar Sales Consultants are provided with a laptop computer, cell phone, marketing supplies and a monthly car allowance.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in lead generation or successfully selling a complex product or service that required detailed technical and financial knowledge (through training).
- B2C experience preferred, generating leads for a high value product or service in home – such as residential real estate, financial planning services, or high-end renovations.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation.
- Proficient in MS Office projects (Excel, Word, MD Outlook, and MS PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and have a clean driving record.
- Develop new business via telephone and mass communication such as email and social media to introduce Direct Energy Solar and identify residential consumers within the target market.
- Canvass residential neighborhoods and set appointments for Sales Consultants.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Work with the Regional Sales Consultants and Regional Sales Manager to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in Salesforce.com, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
- Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards.
- Maintain flexibility in scheduling generated leads - daytime, evenings, or weekends planned around customer availability.
- Consistently utilize CRM (Salesforce) and proficiently log lead generation activities.
- Participate in weekly meeting/teleconference with the sales team.
- Attend training programs as necessary at Direct Energy Solar HQ and other Direct Energy Solar locations.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability