Leicester Aylestone Rd, LE2 7QH
Salary; Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
As the Trial manager you’ll work closely with the Technology manager to plan and execute technical and deployment trials for new technology and products, as well as provide technical support to trial users (Helpdesk/contract centres). As our new products launch you will create surveys and collect feedback, as well as debug and test equipment.
Maintaining lists of users and equipment regularly checking that devices are online and working correctly, involving a lot of customer interaction and follow-up such as;
- Creating surveys and collecting feedback
- Debug and testing equipment (Please note - this is not a project manager or product manager role)
The senior stakeholders of the field trials are the head of Technology in Connected Home. This role regularly involves working with other Business Units outside of Connected Home to install new technologies.
A little bit about the role
- Provide 1st line technical support for trial users, debug installation problems and assist users in getting systems working
- Maintain records of installations, firmware version bugs and other data as required, and by Collecting, collating and maintaining feedback from trial participants
- Create and manage test accounts
- Manage the distribution of hardware and installation instructions out to trial participants
- Manage surveys of trial users, collate the results and generate reports
- Arrange engineer appointment for installations
- Collect faulty parts from users and engineers as required
- Implement firmware upgrades using support tools
- Collate information on bugs, faults and defects from trial participants and then cascade fix information to the appropriate resources
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Excellent communication skills. (You will represent the professional ‘face’ of Connected Home trials providing first class 1st line support of trial users and some VIPs on the phone or occasionally where necessary by attending in person
- Confident with dealing with the British Gas engineering community as well as external customers
- Project management skills
- Technical – Practical skills with IT (e.g. knows how to set up routers, switches etc), computer literate and able to use Google sheets, able set-up test email accounts, able set up hive equipment and install it. Able to do 1st line technical debugging
- Independent and self motivated – (Expected to work without daily guidance)
- Prepared to travel to main London office when necessary for meetings
- Knowledge of British Gas systems and processes
- Basic IT engineering knowledge
- Basic Electrical/Electronic knowledge
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.