HR Programme Planning Manager (6-9 months FTC)
What will you’ll be doing?
- Responsible for the 2017 Centrica People Plan detailing the delivery plans for the 10 HR Strategic Priorities
- Monitor HR performance against plan, track interdependencies and risks on a monthly basis and provide regular reporting to key stakeholders and senior leaders (HR Operating Committee / Leadership Team)
- Ensure the portfolio of HR projects is aligned with both the HR function operating model and business strategy
- Responsible for implementation of governance to assist with effective launch of strategic priorities, developing a process that takes into account the potentially conflicting needs of each business unit across Centrica
- Identify and implement appropriate steps to ensure rigour, governance and control of HR’s strategic priorities
- Liaise with the HR Operating Committee to identify the maturity of activities delivered across the function and determine the HR strategic priorities for 2018
- Work closely with HR Partners to conduct detailed demand planning and capture business requirements for HR resources in 2018
- Conduct thorough supply and demand review from the business requirements to identify areas of commonality, capability or resource constraints within HR
- Develop materials for the Functional QPR in Q3 to provide a narrative about the strategic direction of HR, proposed areas of focus and people/budget requirements for 2018
- Understand the HR functional budget and provide visibility of spend against plan on a monthly basis
- Responsible for production of monthly reports for Group PMO to track progress of efficiency projects (including Workday and HR operating model)
- Accountable for quarterly submissions of the Group wide HR risk register, including documentation of mitigation and controls to help achieve HRs strategic priorities
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be:
- Program or project management delivery experience in a large, results driven organisation
- Experience of working at a strategic level, with the ability to translate plans into meaningful actions
- Proven ability to work within a fast paced environment of high change and ambiguity
- Proven ability to lead and manage change projects and work to tight deadlines
- The ability to think strategically and translate into meaningful business orientated solutions
- Strong influencer with exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Six sigma/Lean design experience would be advantageous
- Professional programme management qualification preferred
- HR knowledge & experience – desirable but not essential
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: HR Programme Planning Manager (6-9 months FTC) R9924590’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.