EM&T Gas Finance Analyst
EM&T gas is a complex area with legacy gas supply contracts, storage contracts and transportation costs being optimised with trading strategies. Changes in activity can drive large P&L, cash and balance sheet movements so the ability to understand and explain complex drivers is very important.
- Delivery of GFF P&L and cashflow: clear understanding of underlying assumptions, variables and business drivers. Understanding of P&L, balance sheet and cashflow forecasts. Build a good working knowledge of BPC model and support changes as required.
- Additional analysis and system checks for GAP forecasts.
- Close relationship with product control team to ensure forecasts are consistent and assumptions are appropriate.
- Integration of origination deals into planning and reporting.
- Delivery of month-end: support the Accounting & Reporting team in producing the accounts, ensuring reported balances are accurate and variances are understood.
- Communicate financial outcomes including explanation of variances with an emphasis on providing insightful management information to improve decision-making.
- Detailed analysis of gas transportation costs at month end; working with shift traders and origination to report transportation savings delivered.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be organised, manage complex variables and supply appropriate business challenge.
Key skills, experience and requirements for the role:
- Educated to degree level, with a recognised accounting qualification preferred.
- Bright, articulate and keen to learn.
- Organised, with experience of driving improvement.
- Personable, able to build relationships with a range of internal partners from both financial and non-financial backgrounds.
- Experience of analysing complex data and writing appropriate commentary.
- Strong attention to detail and controls-focussed.
- IT literate – Excel essential, BPC and BW experience preferred.
- Some experience of the gas market would be beneficial but not essential.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: EM&T Gas Finance Analyst R9928543’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.