Electrical Inspector / Electricians - South Yorkshire
The job of Electrical Inspector/Electrician involves working as part of a team or individually to complete electrical condition reports or minor remedials of low voltage electrical installations in industrial/ commercial environments.
In return a generous rewards and benefits package will be offered which includes, generous holiday entitlement, pension, healthcare scheme, access to Centrica Share plans etc.
You will also be provided with a British Gas Van, mobile phone and mobile device to enable completion of electronic reports.
Salary Range: £26,900-£30,100 dependant on experience and qualifications
This is a field based engineer role working within the South Yorkshire region.
To carry out electrical installation condition reporting and minor remedial works as specified. Such work to include:
- Must possess an ability to work as part of a tem or on own initiative, to enable completion of the work in a safe and professional manner and as far as is reasonably practicable minimising impact to the client, whilst achieving the required work volume and output required by the company
- The role requires a person with good communication skills, capable of working (and communicating with site engineers to achieve the completion of reports within specified times).as part of a team
- Duties to include the requirement for carrying out electrical condition reports and the ability to complete minor remedial works as required
- The ability to produce accurate and concise certification and network drawings as required
- The role will require relevant IT skills to enable the production of reports in a digital format
Must be an innovative self motivated individual, capable of performing to high standards.
- Possess recognised electrical qualification preferably as a time served electrician
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installations (current IEE wiring regulations) 17th Edition Regs (2382)
Preferred but not essential as additional training may be given:
- City & Guilds Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations or equivalent (2391/2394/5)
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Electrical Inspector / Electricians - South Yorkshire R9926827-1 in the subject title.
Agencies: British Gas operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.