Business Intelligence Analyst – Tableau Specialist
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or related filed preferred
- 5+ years of industry experience with BI Development - reports, metadata layer, dashboards, using SQL queries or other BI tools.
- 3+ years of experience using Tableau (ideally certified)
- 3+ years of experience using SQL
Direct Energy LP seeks a Business Intelligence Analyst specializing in Tableau to be responsible for working within the Management Reporting team. This position will interact with multiple internal stakeholders including IT, Sales, Strategy, Marketing, and Finance to understand business requirements and specifications. Develop data quality reports to identify data integrity issues by validating that overnight jobs run successfully and that complete data sets are loaded daily. Work with Management Reporting team to enhance current reports and also utilize new features for advanced distribution techniques. Modify/Add Sales targets for yearly cut-over and on-going maintenance as needed in various reports.
- Tableau Developer with an expertise in creating visualizations that provides business insights for internal customers.
- Expertise in SQL, can independently mine data to translate Business data needs into creative visualizations.
- Have experience with performance tuning specific to Tableau.
- Trusted to work independently with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills by working with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build specifications for the data sets that answer those questions.
- Projects will include requirements gathering, design, deployment, and on-going enhancements request.
- Mine and analyze internal data sets to help stakeholders develop action plans and / or draw conclusions
- Build prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for peer groups, Business partners, or senior leaders.
- Support peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting, analysis of results.
- Work with Corporate Tableau Admin group to ensure licensing process is efficient and fully utilized
- Act as mentor and Tableau SME for other Tableau users across the company.
- Look for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as a BI developer.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability