CEN30311 Approved Electrician
Involves working either alone or as part of a team to complete all facets of work expected on low voltage electrical systems and working within given time scales. This will primarily be achieved during normal working hours but there may on occasion be a requirement to work out of hours dependent upon the type of installation and access hours dictated by the client.
- The Approved Electrician will work to ensure that a professional service is delivered in a safe and timely manner
- The Approved Electrician will report directly to the Site Supervisor and or Project Engineer as appropriate
- Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload, and others as required
A clear understanding of all types of Electrical installations and a level understanding of EaWR 1989, BS.7671 and the Water Industry Mechanical and Electrical Specification (WIMES) would be an advantage.
A proven ability to work in a safe manner in accordance with company policies and procedures and in accordance with current health and safety legislation.
A requirement for the role is the ability and dedication to maintain awareness and keep up to date with current legislation, undertaking any training as required to maintain the competence associated with the high standards expected of the position.
The Approved Electrician should ensure that all company issued equipment is maintained in good condition and inform line manager if items are faulty or require replacement.
The individual will strive for high performance, be a champion for HSE, be a motivated and able to work with limited supervision, and have well established communication & customer service skills to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- Be able to make the right decisions at the right time
- Good working Knowledge of current operational and procurement procedures
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Full driving licence
- Proven ability to self-motivate and achieve set targets
- An awareness of environmental issues
- Good planning, organisational and self-management skills
- Customer orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- J.I.B. Electrical trained engineer
- City and Guilds Course Part 1 Electrical Installations
- City and Guilds Course Part 2 Electrical Installations
- City and Guilds Course NVQ Level 3
- City and Guilds 2381 IEE Wiring Regulations 16th Edition
- City and Guilds 2382-10 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- City and Guilds 2391
- City and guilds Design qualification 2396 or 2400
- CompEx Ex01 – Ex04
Addition requirements that are job specific :-
- Confined Space Entry Certified (2 Day Course)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- First Aid
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing CEN30311 Approved Electrician R9990497 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.