Electrical Testing Inspector
The job of Electrical Inspector involves working as part of a team to complete the inspection and testing of low voltage electrical installation work within given time scales. This will primarily be achieved during normal working hours but there may on occasion be a requirement to work out of hours dependent upon the type of installation and access hours dictated by the client.
The Electrical Inspector will work with the Electrical Lead Inspector to ensure that a professional service is delivered in a safe and timely manner.
The Electrical Inspector will report directly to the Site Supervisor and or Project Engineer as appropriate. Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload, and others as required.
- A clear understanding of all types of Electrical installations and a level understanding of EaWR 1989, BS.7671 and the Water Industry Mechanical and Electrical Specification (WIMES) would be an advantage
- A proven ability to work in a safe manner in accordance with company policies and procedures and in accordance with current health and safety legislation
- A requirement for the role is the ability and dedication to maintain awareness and keep up to date with current legislation, undertaking any training as required to maintain the competence associated with the high standards expected of the position
- The individual will strive for high performance, be a champion for HSE, be a motivated and able to work with limited supervision, and have well established communication & customer service skills to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Must possess an ability to work closely with the Lead Inspector & Operations Team, to enable completion of the work in a safe and unobtrusive manner and as far as is reasonably practicable minimising impact on the clients normal operations
- Duties to include the requirement for carrying out fixed wiring inspections, the ability to complete minor remedial works if required and the production of accurate and concise British Gas Electrical Solutions certification which ever is relevant to the completed work
- The ability to produce network drawings as required in accordance with current company drawing specification’s to a clear, concise legible standard which will cross reference directly and accurately to the periodic inspection report issued for the completed work
- The role will require relevant IT skills to enable the production of reports in a digital format utilizing a tablet PC
- Be able to make the right decisions at the right time
- Good working Knowledge of current operational and procurement procedures
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Full driving licence
- Proven ability to self-motivate and achieve set targets
- An awareness of environmental issues
- Good planning, organisational and self-management skills
- Customer orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
J.I.B Electrical trained engineer:
- City and Guilds Course Part 1 Electrical Installations
- City and Guilds Course Part 2 Electrical Installations
- City and Guilds Course NVQ Level 3
- City and Guilds 2381 IEE Wiring Regulations 16th Edition
- City and Guilds 2382-10 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- City and Guilds 2391
- City and guilds Design qualification 2396 or 2400
- Comp Ex Ex01 – Ex04
Addition requirements that are job specific:
- Confined Space Entry Certified (2 Day Course)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- First Aid
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Helen.Buckley@centrica.com typing 'Update required: Electrical Testing Inspector R9990493' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com