Corporate Business Manager
As an energy supplier with a unique 200 year heritage British Gas is one of the best known names in the UK energy market. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Business Manager within our British Gas Business (BGB) division. BGB provides over 500,000 business customers with a modern way to buy, use and generate energy.
- Salary: £Competitive, with bonus and excellent package
- Location: Home based (main office Oxford), with national travel
To retain and grow the portfolio through selling energy solutions, including supply and energy efficiency measures to large industrial and commercial customers who spend up to £5M on energy supply. Other accountabilities include:
- To deliver sales targets for both energy supply and energy services
- To ensure we are managing a contract to its terms and conditions, including payment within terms
- Develop and maintain account plans and significant opportunity planning using the tools available (Salesforce.com) to make these visible to the business
- Effective territory planning, including creating, developing and maintaining a pipeline of accounts in your area/sector, whilst operating within a clear customer policy
- To build deep and meaningful relationships with customers throughout their organisation including C level executives
- Provide innovative solutions to influence customer buying habits and leverage Centrica capacity to ensure maximum value is generated from our customers
- To promote our capabilities and resources to customers/prospects through our value proposition
- Provide activity reports using the tools available to keep customer activity up to date – including accurate pipelines and forecasts, meeting activity, feedback on tenders and logging of account plans and opportunity plans
- Provide competitor and market intelligence to influence the strategy and tactical position of the Major Accounts Sales channel
- Ensure sales quality and present business to the portfolio that delivers true value
- To carry out all aspects of the role in line with current BGB standards, guidelines and processes, meeting training, regulatory, compliance and audit requirements
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
We are looking for someone who has successful new business development experience with ability to generate their own leads and develop pipeline of customer prospects, whilst working within a defined territory. You must be a very strong communicator with experience presenting customer solutions at a board level and to large numbers of people, and have knowledge and experience of managing high value customer relationships in the private sector. Other skills required include:
- Solid IT skills to manipulate data and take advantage of systems that assist the Sales team to manage and deliver customer relationships and propositions
- A flexible working style and be prepared to travel nationally
- Dedication is required to work from home and be customer facing and the job holder should accept that the position is not a typical 09.00 to 5.00 job
- Target driven with proven ability to consistently exceed stretching targets
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting and negotiating with senior management externally and internally
- Strong networking ability and ability to represent the sales channel across Centrica
- Strong teamwork skills are necessary as the cycle touches a number of teams and success for individuals hinges on helping to co-ordinate this interaction Additional Job Description
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Corporate Business Manager R9925580’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.