Centrica has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our ENER-G business. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
Salary: Competitive, plus excellent company package
Location: Salford, Manchester with UK travel
As an Account Manager you will manage and develop relationships within our Combined Heat & Power (CHP) division. The successful candidate will work with existing customers to develop the best solutions for their sites, which may include extending maintenance contracts or replacement of their existing product with a new installation. Customers will include single site users and major groups with multiple locations.
- Prepare professional proposals and service level agreements based on a comprehensive understanding of customers requirements
- Build and develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Obtain client referrals, case studies and testimonials
- Maintain company records and contract management system accurately
- Be proactive about growing knowledge of the industry and up to date legislation
- Championing the organisation, its products and additional services
The ideal candidate will have a technical or operational management qualification with a number of years experience, ideally including some commercial exposure. To be successful in this position, you will need to be self motivated and able to communicate at all levels within an organisation. This is a diverse role, that includes liaison with our accounts, service and commercial departments. Computer literacy including intermediate excel skills and a full driving licence are required for this role. Previous experience as an Account Manager or in a customer support role in a technical industry would be an advantage.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing service excellence to customers
- Communicates professionally, commercially and intelligently at senior level
- Proven ability to problem solve and deliver resolutions
- Proven success and drive for building and growing positive relationships in a business setting
- Highly effective, energetic and motivated
- Experience and interest in the energy sector
- Committed Team Player
In addition to the attractive package, we offer continual professional development and genuine career opportunities. We are an expanding, international business that operates in markets that are commercially attractive and also socially significant.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Account Manager R9915287’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.