Proposal Development Executive
Proposal Development Executive – Salford
Competitive salary package depending on experience
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Development Executive to join our ENER-G business in Salford, Manchester. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient CHP based solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
This is a key role which is responsible for translating customers’ technical and commercial requirements into a concise offering. It supports the Sales Team in analysing client energy profiles and technical requirements and preparing quotations and proposals.
Responsibilities will include:
- To coordinate and manage the production of budgetary and firm proposals for CHP equipment and ancillary services to contractors and end users
- Day to day utilisation of the sales quote model and other associated tools for proposal development
- Filtering and Responding to general enquiries received by telephone and email, allocating opportunities to the appropriate sales team member, populating the CRM system and maintain accurate CRM records
- Develop successful relationships with a variety of people and Departments in the Company including:
- Other members of the Sales Team including the Sales Director, Sales and Tendering Manager, BDM’s, Bid Writers.
- The Managing Director, Product Development Manager, Financial Controller and Production Manager.
- The Applications Engineering and Projects Departments
- New and existing customers
- Pro-actively supporting external sales staff with their quote development and handover activities, interacting regularly with the commercial team to ensure order acceptance criteria are met.
- Preparation of quotes and sales support to overseas sister companies and cogen partners.
We are seeking applicants who have an electrical, mechanical or building services qualification/experience so that they can understand and prepare energy cost calculations and can communicate effectively with both customers and our own engineering staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must and a good understanding of EXCEL spreadsheets would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a sound understanding of the CHP core business of the company and contribute to the securing of new and replacement profitable business. It is anticipated that this role will ideally suit individuals who wish to gain the necessary experience to progress into a more senior role within a rapidly growing company within an expanding Group, both nationally and internationally. This role is an excellent platform into the technical sales environment with a strong track record of rapid promotion into external sales, key account
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Proposal Development Executive R9916865’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.