Accounts Receivable Specialist
Job DescriptionPerform all of the day to day tasks associated with the Accounts Receivable function. Input transactions in the system of record. Research & resolve correspondence from customers & vendors. Process information from both internal & external sources. Use reports to help reconcile & complete monthly tasks.
- Associates Degree in Accounting and/or 3+ years’ experience with a proven track record of supporting AR process
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite & Microsoft Outlook
- 2 years of experience using banking software & internal business systems
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment while using their initiative & skills to problem solve
- Supports the AR function, including processing receivables, posting unapplied payments, notifying customers in the event of declined credit cards, researching payments & lockbox rejects.
- Conducts the day to day invoice processing & conducts quality checks to ensure that the AR processing guidelines are being met.
- Assists with month-end close & annual audits as needed.
- Administers the collection process & effectively communicates with supervisor in order to negotiate collection agreements.
- Communicates cross functionally with various teams in Accounting as well as other departments of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA