Internal Audit Team Assistant
This is a newly created role based within our Windsor office. The role holder will support the delivery of the Internal Audit plan and deliverables through organising & maintaining the audit database and coordinating the quarterly production of committee papers and associated metrics.
As a function Internal Audit provides an independent and objective assessment of risks and controls across all of Centrica. Internal Audit aims to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by evaluating the effectiveness of its risk management, control, and governance processes.
The global Internal Audit team is c.40 professionals across the UK and North America in size, bringing together a broad range of experience including audit and finance professionals, IT specialists, change management experts and major project delivery and project management practitioners.
- Manage the flow of information across the department which feeds into the Audit papers, including the alignment of findings with principal risks and tracking of issues, delivery of audit plan.
- Maintain the database of reports, track completion and work with the wider Internal Audit team to drive greater efficiency.
- Support the governance of improvement initiatives throughout the function through programme management and reporting.
- Assist in ensuring that Audits are appropriately resourced factoring in internal resource constraints.
- Strong MS office skills particularly within Excel.
- Experience of resource allocation / planning / scheduling.
- Great people skills, able to listen and communicate clearly whilst being friendly and helpful.
- Organised and able to help organise data and processes across the wider team.
- Able to prioritise, with help, to deliver a variety of activities on a range of timescales.
- Flexible and able to switch between tasks readily and willingly as directed.
- Able to develop concise and direct communications.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Internal Audit Team Assistant R9920080’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.