Finance Manager, Finance Transformation Projects
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The role of a Finance Manager, Finance Transformation Projects will focus on the design and implementation of Finance process optimisations and/or transition of Finance processes from one location to another. This will be in support of a Director – Finance Transformation Projects or directly in support of the Head of Finance Transformation Project Delivery, depending on the size and scope of the process.
It is a temporary role supporting Finance Transformation efforts. Through the duration of the role they will report to the Head of Transformation Project Delivery – with a specific responsibility for the implementation of a given project and the delivery of benefits in partnership with the Project Sponsor (normally a member of the Centrica FLT or the Finance Operations LT).
The role will create, lead, manage and implement milestones, identify and implement interventions and identify dependencies on other parts of Finance or other projects in order to protect and deliver project benefits.
- Ability to pro-actively develop positive and highly effective working relationships, influencing operational financial management on delivery of process
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to challenge finance teams in their
- processes in an effective and constructive manner.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to summarise complex matters and influence a range of audiences
- Capable of managing multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment and engaging resource across the business and finance to deliver work to tight deadline
- Understanding of the key pillars and framework for successful project delivery. Formal project management qualifications or skills are not essential.
- Depth in understanding of Centrica finance systems and process architecture
- Experience or qualification in lean processing, and/ or continuous process improvement to identify opportunities to simplify and standardise Centrica finance systems and process architecture
- Ensure consistency in approach of project management with other Finance Transformation projects, with the support of the Finance Transformation Programme Office.
- Identify opportunities to simplify and/or standardise business unit-specific finance processes and recommend means of achieving benefits
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Have the business and finance knowledge to efficiently facilitate interchange and relationships between business activity, Finance Partner activity and Finance Operations activity
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability