Senior Business Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Digital IT team is looking for a business analyst to help with a series of enhancements on DEB my account and enrollment assets for both C&I and SMB customer segments. This individual will be responsible for gathering business requirements, translate into IT functional specifications and be able to assist throughout entire SDLC process including UAT training preparation and documents.
- Degree in Business or Information Technology desired.
- Ability to understand, communicate, interpret business processes and requirements.
- Exposure to Sitecore content management systems (CMS) would be a plus but not required.
- A minimum of 1-2 of experience in IT industry digital web projects
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability/Experience to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Experience and/or ability to document business processes.
- Experience leading business requirements gathering, overviews and training
- Lead weekly and monthly Stakeholder meetings
- Performs business and functional analysis and create detailed requirement documentation, process flows and data mapping.
- Performs testing, and as necessary, provides user documentation and user training both pre and post implementation.
- Acts as a Team Member on an Agile/Scrum based team collaborating with stakeholders team members and customers in a user-centered design process to design features write user stories prioritize the backlog work with development teams during implementation and accept finished user stories
- Analyzes workflows, business processes and applications to enhance, automate and expedite process improvements.
- Configure, test, deploy, support and troubleshoot applications to meet business process requirements.
- Coordinates Functional and User Acceptance Testing by developing and executing the testing strategy, scheduling resources and facilities and tracking test performance. Writes test cases for UAT as necessary.
- Evaluates processes in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations to enhance their efficiencies and the effectiveness.
- Acts as liaison for internal and external communications directly with departments as required.
- Must have 3+ years of work experience supporting systems and systems implementations.
- Knowledge of and experience working with web business systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text