Proposition Marketing Manager
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Depth/breadth of experience required to carry out the role competently and effectively
- Product Management/Marketing – Experience of creating compelling customer facing messaging and marketing materials for complex B2B services ideally with experience of marketing IoT or IT Services
- Marketing campaigns: Experience of designing and delivering large integrated marketing campaigns which demonstrate a thorough understanding of the customer and drive awareness and consideration
- Marketing strategy development: Sound understanding of marketing communication strategies and comprehensive knowledge of the full marketing mix
- KPIs: Knowledge and understanding of the business key performance indicators
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, understand the external market place, Understanding Centrica, Understanding our Customers.
- Collaboration: Experience at working in multi-function teams to deliver complex solutions and influence senior stakeholders
- Content and Thought leadership: Experience at developing influential materials which influence the direction of industry change
- Certifications required to carry out the role competently and effectively. Degree level qualification in any discipline – or equivalent
- Proposition Marketing Strategy: lead the development of the overall positioning of the proposition for customer facing and internal communication
- Messaging and positioning: lead the ongoing development of the proposition messaging aligned to the brand positioning in conjunction with the product managers and sales teams
- Marketing Plan: Define the 18 month rolling marketing plan to drive awareness of the propositions
- Marketing materials and sales enablement: Develop appropriate marketing and training materials to support external promotion of the solution proposition as part of the overall DE&P portfolio. Work closely with sales teams to ensure their needs are met.
- Performance Management and Reporting: Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing content to ensure continual improvement Develop monthly reports to track performance against targets
- Risk Management: Manage operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Physical demands that must be met to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be physically able to conduct customer site visits including energy centres, and construction sites
Travel required and frequency
- Office based in the UK (Windsor) or the US (Houston, Pittsburgh or New Jersey)
- Some global travel to non-home offices between US, UK and Ireland
- Occasional global travel to additional countries to support and drive global expansion over time
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>