Sales Support Specialist
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The DEB Sales Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to apply knowledge and expertise in retail energy business operations to assist DEB Sales originators with maximizing the efficient growth of the business through revenue generation activities. This includes developing and maintaining strong working relationships with Direct Energy Business C&I customers and third party sales channels and serving as the in-house point of contact. The sales support specialist collects, researches and verifies account information in order to accurately price and generate power and natural gas proposals and contracts. Responsible for ensuring contracts are hedged and enrolled timely and in accordance with Operations and utility guidelines. In addition the sales support specialist maintains subject matter expert status regarding sales related processes and systems, as well as communication of and adherence to regional utility, state and ISO operating rules. Responsible for monitoring the customer account through its life cycle, identifying problems and working with Customer Operations and other internal departments to resolve problems.
The Sales Support Specialist will serve as a back-up to the DEB sales originator when they are unavailable or need help managing their book of business, including generating and communicating pricing and contracts for customers and third party sales channels. As an extension of the sales team, the Sales Support Specialist will work with customers daily to prepare and execute renewal pricing and contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Business Management, Marketing or a related field
- 2 or more years experience in sales, marketing or customer service. Energy industry experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of utility rules and requirements for retail energy suppliers
- Knowledge of retail energy commodity products and pricing components.
- Knowledge of the sales cycle preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a commitment to delivering superior customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced entrepreneurial team environment
- Attention to detail and deadline orientation
- Strong user capability with Microsoft Office products, in addition to Customer Relations manager databases
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Create proposals and contracts for Power and Natural Gas customers.
- Collect and verify Power and Natural Gas usage information.
- Ensure accurate deal structure of Power, Natural Gas and other product offerings.
- Accurately price and understand product offerings to prepare proposals/contracts and assist in generating revenue.
- Assist in contract renewal effort. Identify customers up for renewal and provide updated pricing. Generate and review contracts for various product offerings. Seek out opportunities for margin uplift, blend and extend or cross sell.
- Adjudicate and approve credit for small customers via utility invoice review and internal pay history review
- Meet with customers and channel partners as necessary in the presentation of pricing or post sales account management
- Act as a liaison between the sales originators, customers, sales channels and Operations departments to resolve customer issues
- Provide expertise in the use of CRM and pricing systems, and assist in execution of process and system changes
- Assist in development of Request for Proposal response packages
- Produce ad-hoc customer reports
- Research and resolve enrollment failures, and dropped customer accounts to minimize any negative financial impact
- Maintain knowledge on commodity and Solutions products, contract terms and conditions, DE risk policy and internal processes.
- Remain current on competitive and market conditions. Provide input on market activities to the appropriate marketing and management personnel
- Represent DE at customer/broker/industry events.
- Follow all Legal and Contract Administration policies and procedures to avoid and minimize financial risk.
- Initiate and coordinate accurate and timely LDC enrollment paperwork.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text