Smart Commercial Analyst
British Gas is looking for an exceptional Commercial Analyst with experience of developing plans, producing forecasting models and delivering insightful analysis and reports. The role is within the UK Home Sales team and based either in our Staines or Leeds office.
Location: Staines or Leeds (office based)
- Work closely with the Head of Smart Planning, Performance and Channel Development to develop and produce realistic and stretching commercial plans that support the relevant business strategies
- Prepare regular dashboards showing performance against targets at a channel level including driver analysis to identify key issues and opportunities
- Produce and regularly refresh forecasting models to give a view of weekly/monthly/yearly outturn for various products and services
- Provide insightful analysis to identify trends/gaps and create recommendations to optimise plans and performance
The Idea Candidate
- A proven ability to forecast taking into account a range of inputs, over a range of timeframes, across a range of channels
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to creative relatively complex models
- A good communicator who is able to articulate the workings of the analysis and drivers of performance
- A strong working knowledge of MS Excel. Experience of SAS, SQL, SAP, QlikView is favourable
- Energetic, creative and inquisitive
What you can expect from us:
We promote an open, friendly and welcoming culture and offer a generous salary, plus a self tailored and flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle, enabling you to perform to the best of your ability, safe in the knowledge that your life outside of the working environment is also considered.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Smart Commercial Analyst R9918858’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.