- Firmware Engineer - Horsham
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to join our ENER-G business based in Horesham, West Sussex. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas. The post holder will assist with the development of the EPOWER control system and support of legacy systems where necessary
The Role Key tasks will include:
- Following set procedure for RND
- Ensure safety of IT network and PC/Laptops
- Work with Back end developer
- Keep tool versions updated where necessary, following guidelines set by principal engineer to ensure the team are using a consistent toolset
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software to meet the business requirements
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing products for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Liaise with Support Staff to assist in resolving problems with products or company systems
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines
- Where necessary, fault find reported problems down to hardware level to assess where issues are
- New product familiarisation and training to relevant parties
- Produce procedures where necessary for integration of new products into existing work flows
Skills and experience needed:
- Ability to gauge and manage risk of updating software/systems
- Previous experience of ARM based MCU ARM7 and Cortex
- Use of Windows Visual Studio for creation of test applications etc including the gathering, logging and display of data from attached peripherals
- Use of RTOS (real time operating system)
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Use of tools such as meters and oscilloscopes
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Practical hands on experience of creating technical specifications & documentation
- Basic hardware knowledge
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Firmware Engineer R9923793’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com .