Energy Pricing Analyst
- To support Head of Pricing in the evolution and development of retail pricing activities across British Gas Energy products
- Conducting pricing analysis across multiple projects using British Gas and external data sources, working on acquisition, renewal and campaigns/offers pricing,
- Conducting competitor pricing & product analysis, in partnership with UK Home Insight team
- Increasing the profitability of the business and driving a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
- Produce accurate and insightful pricing analysis as a member of the Energy Pricing team.
- Ensure strong understanding of energy retail market, competitors’ strategies & drives, and customers’ developing needs.
- Develop price points and work closely with the Propositions team to achieve the desired outcomes
- Support the capability growth within the team actively by optimising current models and implementing new tools
- Communicate effectively with the team and other colleagues using verbal and written techniques, ensuring that technical information is presented in a manner appropriate to the range of potential audiences.
- Apply British Gas values in all day-to-day activities
Competencies and Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills, preferably in the areas of insurance/financial pricing and/or modelling and customer behaviour analysis.
- Developing understanding of insurance principles with a focus on consumer lines products, preferably demonstrated through experience within general insurance markets
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, skill-set with ability to vary style when communicating with data technicians, pricing experts and a wider non-technical business audience.
- A proven eye for detail with focus on data reconciliation, controls and governance.
- Aware of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas
- Commercial Know-How
- Educated to honours degree level (upper second class) or equivalent potentially with progress towards relevant professional qualification.
- Strong Excel skills
- Understanding of retail energy markets
- Knowledge of advance pricing tools (such as Radar Live) are an advantage
- Would suit an inquisitive and experienced analyst from energy, insurance or services background with a passion for understanding our customers and the market place.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Energy Pricing Analyst R9925769’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.