Drain Cleaning Technician
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, a Direct Energy company, is looking for Drain Technicians. We offer GREAT benefits including a 401K with company match, company vehicle, training, room for advancement, and great earning potential!
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
• Must have a minimum of 2 year of verifiable excavation and drain cleaning experience in a residential service and maintenance operation.
• Must be willing to obtain a Class A license with taker and air-brakes endorsements within first 90 days.
• Extensive knowledge of excavation work.
• Knowledge of plumbing field concepts, practices, best practices, procedures, tools, and equipment.
• Valid driver’s license
• Field service environment.
• Extreme weather conditions.
• Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
• Local travel.
The Dig and Drain Technician is responsible for the excavation and installation of new underground utilities to include trenchless water, sewer and gas. Provides thorough diagnostics of drainage issues as well as cleans drain and sewer lines with drain cleaning equipment.
- Performs water and sewer line repair, replacement, and installation through excavation activities to include trenchless and slab penetration.
- Locate problems, using specially designed equipment, and mark where digging must occur to reach damaged tanks or pipes.
- Dig and backfill trenches and breakup/remove concrete by hand and on excavators/loaders.
- Install or repair individual sewer and/or water service lines serving private properties.
- Operate sewer cleaning equipment, including power rodders, high velocity water jets, sewer flushers, bucket machines, wayne balls, and vac-alls.
- Service, adjust, and make minor repairs to equipment, machines, and attachments.
- Withdraw cables from pipes and examine them for evidence of mud, roots, grease, and other deposits indicating broken or clogged sewer lines.
- Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or related structures.
- Prepare and keep records of actions taken, including maintenance and repair work.
- Install rotary knives on flexible cables mounted on machine reels, according to the diameters of pipes to be cleaned.
- Cut damaged sections of pipe with cutters, remove broken sections from ditches, and replace pipe sections, using pipe sleeves.
- Measure excavation sites, using plumbers' snakes, tapelines, or lengths of cutting heads within sewers, and mark areas for digging.
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
- Ensure that repaired sewer line joints are tightly sealed before backfilling begins.
- Clean and disinfect domestic basements and other areas flooded by sewer stoppages.
- Tap mainline sewers to install sewer saddles.
- Cover repaired pipes with dirt, and pack backfilled excavations, using air and gasoline tampers.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability