Consultant Specification Manager
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Specification Manager to join our ENER-G business. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
Salary: Competitive plus package
Location: Flexible with regular travel to UK offices and client sites
You will be responsible in the support and development of CHP (Combined Heating and Power) specification. Developing relationships with potential consultants to promote and enable the specification of the company’s range of products and services.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Lead in the support and development of CHP specification
- Develop relationships with target consulting M&E engineers
- Visit potential consultants to promote and enable the specification of the company’s range of products and services
- Create and deliver CPD seminars and presentations in person and via online webinars
- Working at the top of the sales pipeline with the product sales team to generate solid pipeline opportunities for new unit specifications & sales
- Maintain up to date consultant data in the CRM system
- Actively participate in the targeted delivery of social media activity and thought leadership content
- Maintain Working Knowledge of competitor offering
- Seek to continuously monitor and improve ECPL product differentiators and value proposition
We are looking for candidates who have a background in Mechanical, Electrical or Engineering within the Energy industry (in particular Building services or Combined Heat and Power projects). We are also looking for the following skills and experience:
- Mechanical, Electrical or other technical/scientific/engineering degree preferred
- Client facing experience with any or all of the following; District Heating, CHP / Biomass energy centers or Industrial/Commercial Boilers
- Preferred sales experience with consulting engineers within building services, sustainability or combined heat and power (CHP) industries
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint would be an advantage
- Ability to analyze and understand energy data in particular half hourly energy data
- Motivated self-starter able to effectively manage their own time to ensure deadlines are met
- Attention to Detail
- Results Orientation
- Technical Expertise & Learning
- Experience of working in a fast moving sales environment with customer contact experience
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Building Lasting Relationships:
- Personal Impact and influencing skills are key
- Confidence and creditability
- Effective outward facing networking & partnering
- Strong team working & collaboration with colleagues
- Persuades others to affect outcomes through interaction, negotiation, and understanding of organizations.
- Problem solving skills and adding value
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Consultant Specification Manager R9924613’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.