HSE Data & Insight Analyst
As the HSE Data & Insight Analyst you will manage and enhance our HSE analytics capability and insight, you will lead on the development and delivery of HSE related data and insights to support the team in understanding performance and opportunities, helping shape our HSE priorities. You will interrogate and evaluate data, identifying underlying issues/root causes, translating this into tangible recommendations.
Safety Compliance & Conduct
- Promote and instil safe and best practice working practices and behaviours within the businesses, ensuring the well being of all employees and contractors and the safety of our customers. Customer Outcomes
- Provide information on our performance in safe working practices in customer homes and businesses, raising awareness of areas of focus.
- Manipulate data from systems to analyse and provide insight to the HSE team
- Provide logical and well articulated recommendations to improve performance, effectively communicating findings both verbally and in writing
- Lead on any data and insight requirements for HSE related activities.
- Conduct route cause analysis providing expert advice and insight to drive the business forward.
- Identify areas for continual process improvement.
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures.
•Responsibility for mitigating risks which could have a financial implication, and setting and measuring return on investment from people focussed activities and projects.
- Understanding of what delivers great customer service.
- Knowledge and understanding of good safety practice and duty of care requirements.
- Understand good housekeeping for data protection and information security requirements.
- Technically competent
- Data management and reporting experience, Experience in HSES in energy supply/oil & Gas environment an advantage
- Designed and implemented solutions for data reporting and analysis
- Awareness of SQL, ASP.net, and C#/vb.net
- Knowledge of using complex data structures
- Experience in the use of data and reporting quality control measures
- The succesful candidate may benefit in working toward a NEBOSH general certificate
- Confidence and creditability with the ability to effectively communicate information and knowledge assertively, whilst demonstrating empathy with customers and colleagues.
- Impact and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritise deliverables and plan accordingly.
- Ability to manage change and capacity to work flexibly.
- Analytical ability – short term strategic thinking.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: HSE Data & Insight Analyst R9925977’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.