Finance Analyst (Planning)
Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst (Planning) to join our team.
- Location: Hull (Hedon for the first 6 months, then moving offices to Hessle)
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
- Full time; Permanent
You will be responsible for financial planning, analysis and projections for Centrica Storage Limited (CSL), working with a wide range of teams across the business including business development/strategy, commercial and operations. You’ll play a key role in shaping the future of the business by leveraging a strong accounting and forecasting background to explore historical financial data, predict future results, input into strategy decisions and drive processes and policy improvements.
The role coordinates planning activities across the function and the wider business. You’ll forecast future revenues and expenditures to establish cost structures and determine the capital budgeting for projects.
- Providing robust financial models and forecasting
- Produce detailed planning of revenue
- Co-ordinate the detailed planning of Opex, Abex and Capex
- Establishing and evaluating the profit plans
- Own the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecast model, and run these models for each forecast
- Owning the forecast narrative in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- Preparation and update of the long term financial models used for the impairment review and strategic planning
This role is part of a small dynamic Finance team which will offer the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of the finance team’s deliverables. It’s expected that you will be flexible in supporting other team members during peak loads, holidays and sickness to ensure resilience within the team and on-going delivery of all Finance team activities.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, or ACA)
- Financial accounting, modelling and reporting experience essential
- Experience with planning systems such as BPC desirable
- Experience and understanding of trading environment, ideally energy desirable
- Proven MS Excel skills
- SAP knowledge an advantage
- Analytical and numerical skills with an understanding of company financial information and accounts
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills and ability to manage multiple deliverables to deadlines
- Ability to distil complex issues into simple explanations and simple models
- Self-starter who is able to work independently but also know when to ask for support
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Finance Analyst (Planning) R9926108’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.