Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to arrive at accurate pricing for all electric deals assigned by the Supervisor in a timely manner according to established priorities. Analyst will work closely with various groups in Power Operations to determine correct market pricing is factored in while developing proposals. The incumbent will also interact with IT and aid in the implementation of system and process improvements. The Analyst will work under the supervision of senior members of the team while pricing large pricing requests such as Key Accounts / Government customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in math, engineering, accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum 0-3 years’ work experience.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills with quality decision making ability.
- Multitasking ability in pressure situations while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure that all electric deals assigned by the Supervisor and or senior members are priced in a timely manner according to established Sales priorities.
- Work closely with the Senior Analysts / Supervisor to make sure that rigorous and complex analysis is performed, on a monthly basis, for assigned non-market based components such as ancillaries, network transmission, scaling factors, line losses etc. to develop accurate forecasts to be used in the pricing models.
- Manage the proposal set up process amongst the team to ensure accurate volumes (usage, capacity and transmission obligations) are uploaded into the pricing models for developing forward contract quantities.
- Work closely with various teams within Power Ops to reflect correct market based price curves in the pricing models.
- Provide recommendations for system and process improvements / enhancements; work with IT for implementation and testing of system and process enhancements, e.g. automation of manual processes.
- Maintain and update all the tariffs at the utility and or ISO / power pool level in the proposal management system.
- Coordinate and maintain effective communication with different departments such as Sales, IT, Legal, Billing, Energy Solutions etc. to ensure customer needs are met including but not limited to performing ad-hoc analysis and problem solving.
- Provide training and market insights to sales team on an as needed basis.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text