HSE Program Manager
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
- Bachelor's Degree in HSES, or related field
- Experience with the development and implementation of enterprise control systems
- 3-5 year’s managing HSES programs in an office and field environment
- OSHA construction industry experience preferred
- History of demonstrated performance, leadership, and innovation
- Research, analysis and judgment skills
- Ability to use online systems and databases
- Excellent professional writing and communications skills
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and drive actions
- Strong knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other HSES/industry organization standards
- Ability to translate technical issues in a non-technical manner with internal stakeholders
- Interaction with cross-functional groups and a matrixed organization
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Coaching, facilitating and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and technical writing skills
- Passion, drive and commitment for EHS performance excellence
- Some travel will be required
- Develop, lead, and drive implementation of HSES programs and policies based on regulatory and corporate required standards.
- Familiar with standard field operations concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Assist the HSES Field Operations Team in developing documented HSES best practices for business processes, facilities and equipment, safe work practices as appropriate.
- Provide technical support to HSES team and various levels of management on HSES compliance and related regulations.
- Train, coach, and mentor division HSES staff to be influential and effective in their roles.
- Coordinate implementation of ongoing HSES projects to positively impact culture change with managers and employees.
- Timely respond to inquiries and requests for assistance from other departments.
- Effectively communicate and interface with internal/external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Other activities related to the above and assigned from time to time by the Sr. Manager, HSES Governance & Assurance.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text