The project manager is responsible for coordinating and integrating project planning, execution, and controlling activities across multiple, functional areas. The project manager has responsibilities to the organization, the project itself, and the project team. These include demands such as acquiring adequate physical resources, acquiring and motivating personnel, dealing with obstacles, understanding and communicating the impacts of goal trade-offs, maintaining a balanced outlook in the team, effectively communicating with all parties, and effective negotiating.
- Responsible for the delivering program/project deliverables on time and within budget with mitigated risk and issues.
- Creates and maintains project and task level schedules.
- Develops work break down structures that enable management of critical path activities on program/project schedules.
- Documents and reviews risk management plans during team meetings. Manages program and project-level risks and communicates with internal and external stakeholders according to the plan.
- Documents and coordinates changes to scope, cost, schedule, or quality across the entire program/project.
- Proactively strengthens relationships with customers. Evaluates and responds appropriately to customer issues and requests.
- Provides project updates on all projects for team and management review.
- Proactively looks for process improvement opportunities that would positively impact organizational goals and objectives.
- Works and communicates well with all organization levels.
- Experience managing program/project budgets.
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Project Management, or related functional-area discipline.
- 6 - 10 years’ experience in project management leadership associated with moderately-sized to large complex projects with many stakeholders and matrix project team structures
- Demonstrated ability and experience with building credibility with project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with operating in a fast, complex environment that is changing.
- Experience with using tools such as Microsoft Project and enterprise project management systems.
- Demonstrate strong project management, organizational and detail oriented skills
- Ability to build rapport and trust-based relationships and interact effectively with staff, management, and vendors at all levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated, practical knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Results orientation
- Ability to manage team members at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences and organizational levels
- Ability to influence stakeholders toward desired end results
- Flexibility and adaptability to ambiguous or changing situations
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to manage workload
- Performance driven, results orientation
- Project management skills (PMP certification required)
- Experience with agile project approach & delivery
- Problem solving and analytical skills (Six Sigma/SIRIUS skills a plus)
- Strong people skills, communication and writing skills and associated skills in Power Point, Excel and MS Word.