Global Propositions Lead
Global Propositions Lead x 2
Location; Rathbone Place, London (5 minutes from Tottenham Ct Road tube station)
Salary; Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
Work within an international team, creating propositions that capture opportunities across all Hive’s global markets, supporting Hive’s commercial directors in meeting their global sales targets, leading the development of, and owning, a set of propositions end-to-end, across regions and through the lifetime of the prop.
What will you be up to?
- You’ll own and lead development of a set of Hive’s global propositions
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for new propositions, pitching new ideas using a lean canvas approach
- Planning and conducting appropriate user research to identify use cases and define props for each market, in collaboration with the customer insights team
- Tailoring propositions to local channel requirements, working closely with channel owners across regions and geographical locations
- Forging close working relationships with brand, marketing and pricing to position the proposition within the Hive ecosystem
- Ensuring the delivery of the propositions, working closely with Hive’s project management, product and UX teams, CRM, customer operations, customer communications and legal
- Develop up sell paths to the proposition and work closely with commercial teams to develop retention strategies
- You’ll regularly review performance of the prop and put in place of roadmap of future improvements if appropriate
- A creative mindset with the ability to see opportunities within a rapidly evolving sector
- Commercial acumen and appreciation of how propositions drive Hive’s commercial objectives
- Ability to identify the building blocks needed to provide our customers with an excellent customer experience
- Excellent problem solver and ability to systematically evaluate new opportunities
- Entrepreneurial drive and track record of delivering in a fast paced environment
- A committed and dynamic team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to bring out the best in a varied and international team
- Confident communicator and persuasive when engaging with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, including director level management
- A positive and ‘can-do’ attitude, keen to find solutions that contribute towards the success of the full Hive team
- Great organisational skills and the ability to deliver within tight deadlines
- Pragmatic and flexible approach with ability to balance competing demands from a range of different stakeholders
- Genuine interest in the Smart Home market, and in keeping up to date with the latest developments in the area
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Of graduate level or have the equivalent experience at the required level
- Excellent communication skills • Previous experience in either a proposition development or a commercial role
- Ideally experienced in working in the field of consumer electronics, software, entertainment, lifestyle industries especially those with a strong subscription based model, telecoms
- Ideally you’ll have knowledge of working in Lean start-up/SME or similar, and familiarity with an agile and lean development environment
- Requires ability to effectively manage a wider range of senior stakeholders across both Centrica Connected Home (Hive) and our parent group Centrica PLC
- Developing strong day-to-day working relationships with commercial, brand, marketing, product, pricing and customer insights teams is key to be successful in this role
- The ability to work effectively and influence business outcomes within a varied virtual team dedicated towards delivering specific propositions
Salary; Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
Additional Information; Working as part of an international team. Some international travel may be required (up to 10% of time)
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Global Propositions Lead R9926358 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.