Senior Business Analyst
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
As a Senior Analyst on the Consolidation Team you are responsible for driving the Finance organization’s month end close process, coordination between North America lines of business and the UK for reporting, and for ensuring that the Finance team is leveraging our technology tool-kit appropriately. You will play a key role in ensuring operating results are recorded and reported accurately for both internal and external financial information consumers.
You will play an integral role in developing processes and technical solutions in order to support the delivery of the Finance management agenda. As a super user of technology yourself, you will help to develop skills and familiarity across the organization with the key Finance systems (i.e. ECC, BPC, Business Objects, BI, etc.) in order to drive the efficiency/effectiveness of reporting and analytics across Finance. You will partner closely with the technical IT support team to drive system enhancements, user acceptance testing, troubleshooting, and other maintenance activities related to Finance systems. You will partner with the Finance and IT leadership team to develop and execute Finance’s technology roadmap and influence how other strategic projects impact Finance’s core data and reporting capabilities. You will play the role as subject matter expert on technology projects that impact our core financial systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, engineering or other relevant technical discipline, with 5-8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Hierarchies, consolidated financial statements, and system interfaces.
- Proven expertise/technical competency managing SAP tools (i.e. ECC, BI, BW, Business Objects, BPC) or other similar ERP/reporting tools – i.e. HFM, Oracle, etc.
- Able to handle multiple priority tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines when necessary – particularly around month ends, the planning cycle, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills, especially using SAP functionality, to explain variances, troubleshoot, and support the business on an ad-hoc basis.
- Experience managing complex data and reporting systems to deliver ‘one source of the truth’ across the business
- Experience driving data governance standards through Finance and the business to enable ‘one source of the truth’
- Process-driven and able to communicate effectively at all levels to influence drive the required change
- Personal drive to tackle challenging data/system issues and a desire to work with IT and Finance partners to get at root cause issues (process or technical) and drive to resolution
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills – able to work with and communicate effectively across the IT and Finance organizations – able to speak both languages and garner support and collaboration
- Able to influence others to achieve desired outcomes, without the benefit of a direct reporting relationship
- Proven ability to thrive in a matrix organization structure
- Knowledge of the retail energy industry is a plus
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills, Access knowledge a plus
Reporting to the Manager of the Consolidations Team, you will be accountable for delivery of the vision noted above and more specifically:
- Process all month end close operations in the DE instance of SAP and coordinate the loading of DE monthly financial results into the Centrica BPC system
- Finance data and technology (i.e. super user) support across DE’s Finance organization – Finance’s go to resource for data and technology-related solutions .
- Support Finance’s data governance – including governance over policy and procedures relative to data hierarchies, data elements, data creation/modification/deletion, etc.
- Working with Finance and IT to ensure that Finance has the data and tools it needs to efficiently and effectively support the business (right information, right time, right delivery, right cost).
- Coordination of training for the Finance teams that are (or should be) leveraging the data and suite of tools that the company has invested in.
- Through the above, support the on-time delivery of all DE and Centrica deliverables.
- Driving the delivery of standardized and automated Finance reports that leverage available technology.
- Working with IT to ensure that the Finance IT landscape (e.g. tools, data, architecture) is understood and delivered.
- Provide leadership across the finance community by developing strong networks and encouraging sharing of best practices.
- Oversee and/or perform special ad hoc analytical projects, as required.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability