Credit Risk Analyst
We’ve embarked on an exciting new chapter in the British Gas story, making big changes to our business and to the energy industry. Our purpose is clear: “To help people today, and secure energy for tomorrow”. Our commitment to our purpose means we’re continually improving and innovating; the work we do today will shape the future of energy.
The Collections Strategy Analyst will support the Collections Strategy Manager in developing, implementing and measuring collections strategies for customers who are in debt, with specific focus on an allocated area (Home, Business, Complex Resolutions or Final Debt
Competitive salary plus Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
- Define, design, develop and implement effective collections strategies against all customer segments, including non-standard bespoke treatments, with focus on an allocated area (Home, Business, Complex Resolutions or Final Debt)
- Use and maintain a control framework to ensure that we understand performance of all debt accounts and can intervene where treatments are not effective or are missing
- Work with allocated front-line teams to gather and collate data for reporting on the performance of relevant collections strategies
- Support the implementation of collections strategies to maximise the debt reduction potential of new technologies: Smart, Digital, Debt Wizard, SAP CRM systems
- Support less experienced Analysts in developing skills through guidance and coaching as required
- Continually develop our approach to managing our customers who are in debt to minimise the time they are in arrears and maximise their chances of getting and remaining debt free
- Collaborate with colleagues and external stakeholders to achieve the required outcome
Report on progress, presenting clear, timely and justifiable conclusions and recommendations for action where decisions are needed
- Manage issues, and regularly review risks, escalating where relevant
- Offer feedback and ideas for continuous improvement
We are looking for an experienced and confident analyst with a Good understanding of performance assessment, scorecards and reporting, who can use and manipulate complex data in order to tell a story to a variety of key stakeholders. You must be proficient at using SAS, SQL, and Excel with excellent time management and a keen eye for detail.
British gas people are empowered to make decisions and relied on to act in the best interest of the business and customer. As an Analyst your work will be both interesting and challenging, sharing your knowledge and findings across a wide range of business units and stakeholders.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Credit Risk Analyst R9926436 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.