Assistant Energy Delivery Manager
To support the delivery of P&L targets for UK-Home, including revenue, contribution and earnings.
To assist the delivery of a product and proposition portfolio that delights, retains and grows our customer base through effective product management and the delivery of new propositions
To assist the management of the product portfolio to maximise value across the current and potential customer base, deliver against business plan targets ensuring propositions maximise retention, cross-sales and up-sales opportunities
To support the delivery of UK-H business plan product targets through effective cross functional working
- Support the development and project-management of all energy product launches and energy related trading offers into market across British Gas and white label brands, considering operational and systems capabilities, financial, regulatory and commercial impacts (including contention with other activity)
- Actively manage our tariff roll-off activities across British Gas and white label brands, ensuring that both our regulatory obligations are treatments are aligned with our customer and commercial strategies.
- Actively manage energy product launches through the stage-gate process, working with CP&P product pool and Energy Portfolio Manager to ensure work is completed across insight generation, concept development, specification and build stage gates
- Working closely with the IS, journeys, change, legal, channels, trading, pricing, marketing, Insight and Customer Comms teams to ensure that activity (product launch / roll-off treatment) is built to the correct specification and is in line with the Product Development principles and Policy
- Support with product changes (price and features) to our energy products, including the price change of our Standard Variable Tariff (SVT)
- Project manage product development requirements, including solution design, IPD requirements, business process definition, stakeholder updates, compliance requirements and commercial case, ensuring successful delivery of new product to market in expected timeframes
- Identify and highlight potential regulatory and operational risks and escalate as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring that new and existing products and propositions treat customers fairly and are in compliance with FCA, Ofgem and other regulatory and legal requirements, whilst also achieving business objectives
- Support with conversations with our sales channels and customer services, ensuring successful deployment of product launches, and review launches to ensure that we continuously improve
- Experience of launching new customer propositions into existing and emerging markets across a range of channels (Customer Service, Sales, Telephony, Digital, marketing)
- Experience delivery changes to established products (e.g. price / Ts&Cs, journey, recontracting) to drive customer and business value whilst managing operational/regulatory risks
- Passion for understanding the needs of the customer and how effective propositions influence behaviour. Ability to interpret consumer needs and create innovative/creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships of influence with senior leaders
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and manage complex risks (operational / regulatory / legal / customer / commercial) and develop mitigation plans
- Ability to lead and influence within a matrix organisation in order to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Knowledge of the Energy, Insurance and Home Services sectors (or adjacent consumer markets) including relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Assistant Energy Delivery Manager R9926165’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.