PMO Manager - Plan management
The Plan Management Manager is responsible for the shaping and management of the integrated change plan, so that the impact of bottlenecks and constraints is minimised, and the effectiveness of change implementation is maximised
Working across the UK Change portfolio
- Operationalise the processes which will build and maintain under change control the individual plans which make up the integrated change plan
- Work with PMO teams to proficiently collate, administer, track and report against the individual projects to inform updates to the plan , ensuring the right information (progress, risks issues, deliverables etc.) passes to and from key stakeholders, governance teams and sponsors, ensuring all required elements are captured and maintained accurately in all systems (e.g. Clarity).
- Manage and drive the process through which plans are maintained and stakeholders are engaged in shaping and debating the plan, identifying opportunities, flagging and resolving issues and risks
- Develop consolidated high quality integrated delivery plans to facilitate appropriate and relevant prioritisation calls and decisions to support and mitigate constraints in order to support delivery and implementation of projects and programmes delivering confidence in benefits realisation.
- Work with operational owners of resource to build and implement processes which will give insight in to availability of capacity and maximise the effectiveness of implementation
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate
- Define /agree plan management metrics and KPIs (to monitor time, resource and delivery risk) and controls to manage/assess impact of key risks & issues (and that mitigating actions are understood)
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement improvements to processes and tools to improve the effectiveness of project planning and reporting to continuously improve our ability to manage the overall integrated plan
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- confident with MI/statistics and their presentation
- Excellent prioritisation and coordination skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines under pressure
- Be logical and methodical paying attention to detail
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively to senior managers
- Possesses ability to produce clear, concise reporting that accurately synthesises information.
- Strong team player
- Delivery and support orientation
- Excellent organisational skills ensuring delivered projects meet design specifications and quality standards and get completed in a timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate and deal with conflict effectively
- Great problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Strong MS Office Skills (including PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Comfortable working at a rapid pace with changing priorities - Able to work in a high pressure, performance focussed environment
Professional Project Management qualification is desirable and also:-
- Solid understanding and experience in risk and issue management
- Skilled at producing high quality output documents incl. Word and PowerPoint
- Proven project planning tools and techniques and program planning
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in utilising Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: PMO Manager - Plan management R9925438-1’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.