Risk & Assurance Auditor
Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
- Location: Hedon (moving to Hessle in 6 months)
- Full time; Permanent
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
The role of the HSE Risk and Assurance Auditor is to support the execution of the HSE risk management process and to establish, deliver and track the HSE second line of defence assurance program. The HSE Risk and Assurance Auditor is also responsible for the co-ordination of Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) resources and requirements related to the execution of the HSE third line of Defence audit activities, participating where required.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Manage the day-to-day execution of CSL HSE assurance activities and assist with the maintenance of a multi-year programme that assures key HSE controls across CSL
- Develop and maintain the CSL audit procedure
- Lead and participate in the delivery of second and third line of defence audits and other assurance activities as required
- Track and report HSE assurance activities as required
- Ensure that HSE risks are reported, monitored and tracked via the CSL business risk process
To be great in this role you'll have:
- Experience working in a hazardous industry operational environment
- Auditing qualifications essential
- NEBOSH Certificate required essential
- CSL HSE Management System knowledge
- MOC experience highly desirable
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to build relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Risk & Assurance Auditor R9926518’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.