Collections Strategy Analyst - Forecasting & Performance
We’ve embarked on an exciting new chapter in the British Gas story, making big changes to our business and to the energy industry. Our purpose is clear: “To help people today, and secure energy for tomorrow”. Our commitment to our purpose means we’re continually improving and innovating; the work we do today will shape the future of energy.
The Collections Strategy Analyst will support the Collections Strategy Managers in developing, implementing an accurate & insightful short and long range arrears forecast that provides operations with effective resource requirements & third parties with accurate referral forecasts.
Competitive salary plus Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
You will be responsible for the arrears forecast across UK Home & Business for both the live and final portfolios, providing linkages into resource planning, DCA/Third Party stakeholders including field & late live to provide accurate volume forecasts for both short and long range.
Ensure forecasts are reconciled with finance plan & outturn is produced in collaboration with key stakeholders. Build on and enhance existing forecast.
- Define, design, develop and implement effective collections strategies against all customer segments, including non-standard bespoke treatments, with particular focus on an allocated area (Home, Business, Complex Resolutions or Final Debt)
- Use and maintain a control framework to ensure that we understand performance of all debt accounts and can intervene where treatments are not effective or are missing
- Work with allocated front-line teams to gather and collate data for reporting on the performance of relevant collections strategies
- Support the implementation of collections strategies to maximise the debt reduction potential of new technologies: Smart, Digital, Debt Wizard, SAP CRM systems
- Support less experienced analysts in developing skills through guidance and coaching as required
- Continually develop our approach to managing our customers who are in debt to minimise the time they are in arrears and maximise their chances of getting and remaining debt free
- Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities
We are looking for an experience and confident analyst who can use and manipulate complex data in order to tell a story to a variety of key stakeholders. You must be proficient at using SAS, SQL, and Excel with excellent time management and a keen eye for detail.
British gas people are empowered to make decisions and relied on to act in the best interest of the business and customer. As an Analyst your work will be both interesting and challenging, sharing your knowledge and findings across a wide range of business units and stakeholders.
We offer a generous salary plus a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.