Process and Tools PMO Manager
The Process and Tools Manager is responsible for managing the implementation of processes and tools that will enable great delivery of programmes and projects, with responsibility for the ongoing development of a robust but flexible Change Delivery Methodology for use throughout UK Change
Working with colleagues from across UK Change to:
- Develop and agree a process and tools roadmap that underpins UK Change objectives and priorities
- Manage a consolidated plan of development to our processes and tools, working collaboratively with colleagues from across Portfolio Governance to ensure that changes are implemented successfully
- Continually review and identify opportunities to improve processes to simplify and accelerate the delivery of change
- Assess any proposed changes to our processes, ensuring that any impacts both internal and external to UK Change are considered and make recommendations with options for implementation
- Establish a mechanism to prioritise and govern any changes to processes and tools
- Work to successfully communicate and embed our processes and tools into the way in which we deliver change – ensuring that processes are understood and that colleagues are supported in navigating through our processes
- Own improvements to the “change hub” which is the single source of information on the Change Delivery Methodolgy – working to improve usability and accessibility to colleagues in UK Change and in the wider business
- Support the development of a system / tools strategy to ensure that we are using the right tools across UK Change to support the delivery of change
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
- Define /agree metrics and KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of our Change Delivery methodology
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- confident with MI/statistics and their presentation
- Excellent prioritisation and coordination skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines under pressure
- Be logical and methodical paying attention to detail
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively to senior managers
- Possesses ability to produce clear, concise reporting that accurately synthesises information.
- Strong team player
- Delivery and support orientation
- Excellent organisational skills ensuring delivered projects meet design specifications and quality standards and get completed in a timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate and deal with conflict effectively
- Great problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Strong MS Office Skills (including PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Comfortable working at a rapid pace with changing priorities - Able to work in a high pressure, performance focussed environment
Professional Project Management qualification is desirable and also:-
- Solid understanding and experience in risk and issue management
- Skilled at producing high quality output documents incl. Word and PowerPoint
- Proven project planning tools and techniques and program planning
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in utilising Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Process and Tools PMO Manager R9925438’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.