Working with 1 or more medium to complex projects
- To apply the PMO support process to designated projects, integrating the activity effectively with the Change Model Stage Gates and, through effective monitoring, reporting and escalation, take steps to ensure effective and timely project delivery
- To effectively document, administer, track and report project set-up, progress and closure ensuring the right information (progress, risks issues, deliverables etc.) passes to and from key stakeholders, governance teams and sponsors.
- To maintain and improve the consistency, predictability and efficiency of project delivery performance through monitoring project progress and alerting stakeholders to delays, conflicts/issues and non-conformance, and by pursuing speedy, effective resolution.
- To ensure the PMO support process effectively monitors, measures and reports the progression and performance of designated projects, and, where necessary, take steps to ensure strict conformance to Change Model Stage Gate process.
- To ensure project costs are closely monitored and benefits realisation tracked such that deviations and performance issues are reported, escalated and resolved.
- To develop consolidated project plans (work schedules, testing, risk, training, communications etc.) and other project initiation documents to ensure appropriate project setup
- To prepare/collate high quality project status updates with appropriate contents for Steering Groups and Programme boards
- To manage all aspects of project tracking, RAID management, and monitor completed work, milestones achieved, remaining work and key dependencies, supporting the project team to deliver
- To define the process and MI for populating and timely issue of strategic and operational dashboard reports for designated projects, including post go- live benefit tracking.
- To ensure that all project/ programme information (including benefits, spend, Stage Gate dates etc.) are captured accurately in all systems (incl. Clarity) and portfolio documentation
- To ensure that sufficient controls are in place to manage/assess impact of key risks & issues (and that mitigating actions are understood)
- To track monthly project / programme spend vs forecast / draw down approval, escalating when action is needed
- To support project team in running meetings (including accurate minute / action taking) and facilitating workshops and PIR processes /” lessons learnt” capture and dissemination.
Please note: Will be provided with work on an assignment basis – timescales of which may vary depending on the nature of the assignment/project. Assignments could be within any of the change disciplines within British Gas
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- confident with MI/statistics and their presentation
- Excellent prioritisation and coordination skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines under pressure
- Be logical and methodical paying attention to detail
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively to senior managers
- Possesses ability to produce clear, concise reporting that accurately synthesises information.
- Strong team player
- Delivery and support orientation
- Excellent organisational skills ensuring delivered projects meet design specifications and quality standards and get completed in a timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate and deal with conflict effectively
- Great problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Strong MS Office Skills (including PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Comfortable working at a rapid pace with changing priorities - Able to work in a high pressure, performance focussed environment
Professional Project Management qualification is desirable and also:-
- Solid understanding and experience in risk and issue management
- Skilled at producing high quality output documents incl. Word and PowerPoint
- Proven project planning tools and techniques and program planning
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in utilising Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: PMO Manager R9925437’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
£45,000 - £60,000, dependent on experience, £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits