C&C Collections Strategy Analyst
Salary up to 40k plus Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We’ve embarked on an exciting new chapter in the British Gas story, making big changes to our business and to the energy industry. Our purpose is clear: “To help people today, and secure energy for tomorrow”. Our commitment to our purpose means we’re continually improving and innovating; the work we do today will shape the future of energy.
The Collections Strategy Analyst will support the Collections Strategy Manager in developing, implementing and measuring collections strategies for customers who are in debt, with specific focus on an allocated area. (Home, Business, Complex Resolutions or Final Debt)
- Define, design, develop and implement effective collections strategies against all customer segments, including non-standard bespoke treatments, with particular focus on an allocated area (Home, Business, Complex Resolutions or Final Debt)
- Fully support the 3rd party performance management team in providing insight & project support for value add initiatives. There is a requirement to materially improve the level of support & presence at monthly business reviews to ensure we are achieving the best value & performance from our 3rd party partners
- Use and maintain a control framework to ensure that we understand performance of all debt accounts and can intervene where treatments are not effective or are missing
- Work with allocated front-line teams to gather and collate data for reporting on the performance of relevant collections strategies
- Support the implementation of collections strategies to maximise the debt reduction potential of new technologies: Smart, Digital, Debt Wizard, SAP CRM systems
- Support less experienced analysts in developing skills through guidance and coaching as required
- Continually develop our approach to managing our customers who are in debt to minimise the time they are in arrears and maximise their chances of getting and remaining debt free
- Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities
- Create a safe environment with the aim of achieving a zero incident workspace, taking responsibility for themselves and others
We are a company with big ambitions and a high performance ethos, looking for a new member of our high performing collections Team. You will need to possess the following essential skills to be successful in this role:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience of SAS and other similar analytical tools
- Good understanding of performance assessment, scorecards and reporting
- Ability to prioritise, plan and deliver timely and effective analysis and reporting
- Ability to produce clear, concise documents and analysis using PowerPoint, Excel and other tools as required to facilitate comprehension and clear decision-making
- Ability to present complex information, in a simple, effective manner to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent communication, influencing, stakeholder management and collaboration skills at all levels
- Ability to coach more junior analysts in developing their analytical skills and reporting capabilities
- Awareness of the commercial aims and objectives of Centrica and how these link to debt management and helping keep our customers out of debt
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on the task at hand without being distracted
British gas people are empowered to make decisions and relied on to act in the best interest of the business and customer. As an Analyst your work will be both interesting and challenging, sharing your knowledge and findings across a wide range of business units and stakeholders.
What you can expect from us
We offer a generous salary up to £40K (dependant on experience) plus a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle, enabling you to perform to the best of your ability, safe in the knowledge that your life outside of the working environment is also considered.
We promote an open, friendly and welcoming culture and understand the need for a healthy work-life balance, and through a number of well being initiatives to suit your individual lifestyle we aim to ensure that you as an employee feel valued.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: C&C Collections Strategy Analyst R9920073’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.