Data Insight Analyst
Data Insight Analyst
Location; Rathbone Place, London (5 minutes from Tottenham Court Road tube station)
Salary; Competitive + Bonus & excellent benefits
You will support the Data Insight Manager in developing our Management Information / reporting capability for the UK, North America and RoW for the Connected Home function. Working with stakeholders to monitor key performance metrics and produce data requests on a regular and ad - hoc basis and create and maintain one-off and regular reports and data visualisations.
What will you be doing?
You’ll monitor key performance metrics and produce data requests on a regular and ad hoc basis. Creating and maintaining one-off and regular reports and data visualisations, as well as be accountable for creating clear, accurate and timely MI, to add value to the data: adding trends, forecasts and insight interacting directly with the various stakeholders in the business gathering requirements.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Highly numerate and have worked in an analytical or data-focused role previously
- Qualified to Degree level or have the equivalent qualification
- A good understanding of databases and database processes (e.g. ETL)
- The ability to communicate complex information in a clear and meaningful manner
- The ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and back again
- An analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to think logically
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and work on own initiative
- Understanding of e-commerce, sales and marketing processes
- Experience developing in SQL
- Experience creating new data visualisation (preferably PowerBI, alternatively QlikView, Tableau, Business Objects, etc)
- Good spreadsheet skills (preferably both Excel and Googlesheets)
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Data Insight Analyst R9926410 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.