Business Planning Manager
The purpose of the Business Planning team is to facilitate the definition of an integrated and mutually coherent medium term and 12 month activity plan across the UK businesses, optimised for constrained resources, consistent with strategic priorities and aligned to financial plans.
The role holder will manage the process the planning processes described working with and guiding colleagues in the Business; this will include both overseeing and performing analysis of strategies/ plans, translating the plans into a set of metric-based targets and extracting the requisite information to develop consolidated views across Energy Service and Supply.
- Define and manage the integrated business planning process for UK Energy and Services
- Ensure the process is aligned with the Group’s overall process and, specifically, the Financial planning process in order to ensure optimal use of substantial financial resources (e.g. capex in excess of £100m)
- Provide process and content guidance to the team of change planners who facilitate and drive the business planning process across UKES&S and report progress against the business plans
- Lead the successful facilitation of the definition of strategic priorities (multi year and in year) and other elements of the planning framework, to inform development of business area and functional plans; thus ensuring clear, value accretive plans are produced
- Ensure the strategic transformation route map, which captures transformational developments that touch many/all business areas and which build towards the target business and operating model, results in delivery of medium term financial targets by reference to the mid-term financial plans of the business (the strategic shape)
- Support business areas and functions in articulating:
- Three year strategic plans, investment requirements and priorities
- 12 month operational plans and objectives (including projects and business as usual initiatives, and aligning requirements across business areas/supporting operations/functions
- As part of the 12 month planning process
- Support business areas and functions in specifying requirements of, and supply to, each other
- Facilitate the communication of shared priorities across business units, to drive alignment of organisational effor
- Provide direction during the investigation phase of individual initiatives regarding their relative importance and the fit with other initiatives in the investment portfolio
- Support the proposal of the shape and size of the annual change portfolio including total discretionary investment spend
- Strong management skills with the gravitas to effectively represent and direct programme/s and explain their purpose, the ability to influence a diverse stakeholder base – comfortable handling objections and negotiating a way forward. Valued by senior business sponsors and respected by peers.
- Highly effective relationship management using excellent communication, coaching and stakeholder skills
- Good strategic thinker with the ability to understand complex concepts and the translation of them into pragmatic workable programme deliverables, and to discuss with senior business stakeholders
- Ability to navigate a matrix organisation and handle high levels of ambiguity
- Experienced manager, with well developed understanding of the critical thinking and project management tools and techniques (beyond standard methodologies) which can drive higher quality outcomes, based on broad experience of different organisation's and situations
- Design and establishment of a new business planning process in a multi-segment, multi-channel, functional organisation
- Understanding of financial planning and strategic planning processes
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills
- Broad understanding of commercial drivers
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience of strategy development, a natural strategic thinker
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of strategy and business planning methods in multi-business line organizations
- Knowledge of financial planning methods in large organizations
- Strong understanding of commercial strategies in the energy sector
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Business Planning Manager R9925692’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000, £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits