Commercial Analyst (Smart Metering)
Smart meters are moving the way we serve our customers and meet their energy needs into the 21st century.
Based in Staines, you will use your analytical skills and business acumen to help ensure that we roll them out in the most customer-focused, commercially beneficial way.
- Assess and quantify new opportunities to drive uptake of Smart, potentially including new channels, partnerships, propositions and operational improvements
- Create and own a “single version of the truth” of Smart customer eligibility
- Develop business cases for new initiatives and for change plan projects
- Build positive working relationships with Insight and across UK Home, Change, Finance and operational teams
- Understanding or knowledge of Smart Technologies especially within Smart Metering
- Great stakeholder skills with the ability to work across a matrixed organisation and also being able to make an impact quickly
- Able to assemble datasets from multiple sources and use analytical techniques and commercial know-how to separate the key messages from background noise
- Analytical rigour with a strong focus on delivery
- Excellent Excel and modelling skills
- Proactive, investigative mind with the desire to make a difference
- Experience in working within a numerical or scientific arena
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Commercial Analyst (Smart Metering) R9925803’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.