Gas Pricing Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- BS in Finance, Business or Economics
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and Access; VBA coding experience is preferred; SQL experience is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to handle multiple priority tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines when necessary
- Self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn complex market structures
- Possess strong attention to detail and able to produce accurate work products
- Able to work and interface effectively with various internal and external groups
- Knowledge of Canadian and US natural gas markets, is a plus
Direct Energy is seeking an analyst to join the West Gas Pricing team. This role based in Direct Energy Business (DEB) will be located in Calgary, AB.. The role will report to Manager, West Gas Pricing and entails the timely and accurate delivery of market based pricing to end use consumers across Canada and California. This will require working closely with Sales and Gas Operations to determine correct volume, assess risk and understand deal structures. The Gas Pricing Analyst will also be responsible for analyses around retail pricing components.
- Delivery of accurate and timely pricing according to business best practices
- Monitor regulatory changes, tariffs, LDC, and pipeline changes & update pricing models accordingly
- Analyze and review retail pricing components and formulate recommendations as applicable
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve pricing processes and system improvements, working with IT through to testing and implementation
- Partner with Booking and Billing teams to ensure highest levels of customer experience such as resolution of enrollment or billing issues
- Drive competitiveness through active engagement of Sales groups and posess ability to analyze and action competitive feedback received from Sales
- Perform various analyses and studies as required
- Able to work with a variety of different functional areas (Gas Operations, Trade Desks, Load Forecasting, Risk)
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability