Imbalance Data Analyst
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for the development, management and delivery of key MI, data and analysis with recommendations that support the delivery of the Imbalance strategy. You will be required to develop databases and spreadsheets to support the team, in accordance with technical, financial control & audit requirements.
• Provide management information for business performance monitoring
• Develop controls and management information
• Tracking & measurement of Electricity imbalance issues from identification to resolution
• Produce robust assessments of the financial & energy impact of Electricity Imbalance
• Data mining, extraction, manipulation and presentation
• Recommend and deliver operational & technical process or system enhancements to support imbalance benefits delivery
• Support the team with technical consultancy across their range of operations and software, including SAS, Hadoop, MS Excel, MS Access, VBA & SQL
To be an advanced user of Microsoft Access (VBA and database development) and Excel, in addition to Business/Residential billing systems. Whilst not being essential, we’d really like you to have knowledge and experience using Slingshot/Jupiter MIS systems, SQL, VBA and SAS.
In addition, we’d like you to:
• Show a drive and passion to deliver tangible benefits
• Have a strong desire to learn and progress
• Have a creative and innovative approach to problem solving
• Have the ability to conduct data analysis and good attention to detail
• Effectively manage your own workload and have excellent organisational skills
• Understand our business and our customers
• Demonstrate excellent communication and relationship skills
• Have good commercial acumen
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
Additional Website Text