Workflow, Data and Insight Analyst
As one of the best known names in the UK energy market, British Gas Business (BGB) supplies gas, electricity and a wide range of energy management services to over 500,000 business customers in the UK, in both the public and private sectors. We form an integral part of the Centrica Group, employing over 30,000 people in the UK and abroad and make a valuable contribution to the economy. As part of continued development we currently have opportunities for Workflow, Data and Insight Analysts based in our Leicester office.
Billing operational team, the Analyst will help implement and maintain insight and data analysis processes . We are looking for a candidate who has good Stakeholder management skills and we see this as a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to develop their career in analytics.
- Location – Leicester
- Permanent, Full Time
- Salary - Up to £25,000 plus benefits
Within this role you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of work flow governance activities and development strategies. You will take an active role in managing workflow efficiently with the right controls in place and be expected to understand the impacts of key IS / Change projects on workflow. It also comes with the following responsibilities:
- To maintain strong relationships with stakeholders by effectively managing expectations
- Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload
- Contributes to overall team objectives, responding effectively to new directives
- Provide ad-hoc and structured analysis of complex data and interpreting this analysis to identify possible areas of opportunity for improvement, driving value and mitigating costs
- To present analysis recommendations to management to highlight process improvements and future business cost savings
- To promote control workflow and governance across BGB
We are looking for candidates who have the ability to manipulate large data sets and who are used to analysis techniques to analyse data. We are also looking for the following:
- Ability to link business and industry processes
- Ability to produce reports, packs and presentations and deliver to both internal and external stakeholders
- A good understanding of the Metering industry would be desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of SAP would be desirable but not essential
- Proven analytical skills and ability to interpret results and trends
- Ability to manipulate and build datasets using languages and tools such as SQL, Excel, Access or VBA - MS Office
- Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly numerate with good accuracy and attention to detail
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Workflow, Data and Insight Analyst R9925471’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.