Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This position will have responsibility for month end close, balance sheet account reconciliation preparation / review, financial reporting and analysis, acquisition related responsibilities and special projects. This position will interact extensively with the offshore accounting support team based in India and various functional areas within Shared Service Center as well as collaboration with business partners.
- Accounting degree required, CPA a plus
- 3 + years of accounting experience required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Flexible operating style required, including the ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Leadership experience
- Collaborate with other members of Accounting Team, offshore accounting team, Shared Service Center to complete the month-end close process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare, approve and / or review balance sheet reconciliation to identify any inherent financial statement risks and work with the management and other applicable functional areas to ensure risks are properly mitigated.
- Assist in executing group-level key controls.
- Provide supports in Direct Energy internal / external audit process.
- Provide support for half year and year end processes
- Ensure objectives for special projects assigned are timely achieved.
- Lead process enhancement projects to ensure continuing improvement in accounting and operational efficiency.
- Participate in preparation / review of the monthly management reporting (Balance Sheet package, cash flow analysis, P&L variance analysis).
- Build strong relationships with the business partners and develop business knowledge in order to be identified as point of contact for accounting issues
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability