Senior Demand Response Analyst
Distributed Energy is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing assets they have on their own sites. In North America, we have existing and forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors.
The Customer Success function is responsible for ensuring that customers achieve their goals through our ongoing products like Panoramic Power and Demand Response, and that we deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Demand Response (Electric Curtailment) Programs are designed to enable customers to receive payments for their capability to reduce their electricity demand from the gird during peak demand periods.
- Bachelor’s degree required – Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or energy related fields preferred
- Master’s Degree in Management or Business is a strong plus
- 5-10 years of directly related work experience wholesale electric markets, capacity markets, and/or demand response operations.
- Some travel required, mostly visits to other US offices, and occasionally to visit customer sites.
- Capacity Market and DR knowledge: Well-versed in electric wholesale markets and capacity programs, including auction rules, capacity valuations, and demand response markets.
- Advanced Problem Solving and Analytical Skills: including an ability to do scenario analysis and to think and act independently
- Strong Communication skills: written and verbal, as well as strong interpersonal networking and presentation skills
- Multi-tasking and Organized: ability to meet strict deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and succeed in a high volume work environment
- Detail-oriented: ability to understand multiple programs and rules
- Proficiency with Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- The Senior Demand Response Wholesale Analyst is responsible for setting strategies and managing our participation in wholesale capacity markets across multiple regions to support our demand response offering to our customers. The successful candidate will work closely with the Manager of Demand Response Operations and other Sr. Demand Response Analysts to define the optimal capacity positions to support our customer base and maximize the profitability of demand response across all markets, while also assisting in supporting retail demand response operations as needed.
- In support of these objectives, the Senior Demand Response Wholesale Analyst will be accountable for setting bidding strategies and participating in capacity auctions, defining and implementing internal risk mitigation practices, develop strong working relationships with key DR program administrators and staff at ISO’s, utilities, and government agencies, contribute to development of budgets and financial forecasts, and develop trading relationships with counterparties for bilateral transactions. These responsibilities would span all of the ISOs in which Direct Energy participates.
- The successful candidate will also coordinate with multiple internal groups, including the Sales, Credit, Legal, and Finance teams to ensure auction strategies can be implemented, and with Regulatory teams to monitor ongoing changes to the regulatory and legal environment for Demand Response.
- In addition, as a senior member of the Demand Response team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to provide leadership among the Demand Response team, to help set strategic direction, and to assist other Analysts in supporting Demand Response operations and in delivering excellent customer service.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>