We are looking for an experience leader to, inspire and engage a team of Managers and Engineers to deliver the Area strategy and achieve all targets while ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality and customer satisfaction are delivered. Key to this will be to Improve the current and future capability of the Area team through performance management, coaching and feedback and create succession plans to mitigate risk from people moves.
Location: Field Based Merseyside
Safety Compliance & Conduct
- Drive, maintain and improve our regulatory compliance requirements (FCA) at all times, focusing on the ongoing delivery of the safe and fair treatment of our customers. With a particular focus on safe working practices across the area to negate the risk of customer and colleagues injuries.
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of the Area Health, Safety and Environment strategy. Responsible for ensuring safety, quality control and productivity assessments are carried out to ensure that all work complies with current codes, standards and legislation, in order to ensure the wellbeing of employees, customers and their premises
- Embed and drive a Culture focusing on ‘right first time’ approach by engaging with Services Mangers throughout the Area, with a key focus to reduce customer complaints by using root cause analysis solutions to protect the brand while supporting the growth of the business through use of Safety and Efficiency Advice.
- With the use of innovative diagnostics tools and current technology, embed a programme of usage and team accountability which brings a standardised ways of working that will increase quality of work, reduce customer complaints and drive cost of service.
- Liaise with Head of Field Operations to ensure that there this adequate resources across the area and that the area is right sized, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer demands.
People and Leadership
- Responsible for ensuring the current and future capability of the area team by pro-actively managing performance and providing ongoing coaching, feedback and support, so individual and business performance is maximised. Foster talent and ensure robust succession plans are in place to mitigate future people moves
- Apply British Gas values in all day-to-day activities
- Drive KPI performance in the area by leading, engaging and coaching S & R Managers, ensuring financial, customer and business objectives are delivered through a fully engaged Service & Repair Manager and Engineer teams.
- Ensure strong interaction and liaison between Office and Field Colleagues in pursuit of efficient and effective service delivery to deliver great customer experiences
- Own the Employee Relations agenda within the area by ensuring strong working partnership is in place with Trade Union Partners, with a common goal of achieving business growth, controlling costs, being fair and maintain a culture where colleagues are treated fairly and a properly informed. Responsible for chairing Local Joint Council
Technical Skills & Work Experience
- Good knowledge of Gas or Electrical background of at least 6 years plus.
- Experience of executing business strategies and delivering step changes within the business.
- Prior experience of general management and leadership in a fast paced operational field workforce environment
- Proven track record of leading high performing and engaged cross-functional teams within a large, complex organisation
- Experience of working within a highly unionised workforce
- Experience of leading change programmes, delivering step changes within the business.
- Experience of managing large workforce within a customer service operation
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills at front line and Senior level
- Development, Leadership and Engagement of high performing teams through strong coaching and motivational skills in order to lead through others
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to forge good working relationships
- Effective commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver business goals.
- Budget management and the development/analysis of management information.
- Ability to analyse & interpret and identify trends in performance and financial data
- Thorough understanding of the FCA and treating customers fairly and of what delivers great customer service.
- Analytical ability – short term strategic thinking
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Area Manager R9925672’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.