Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Employ custom systems in the preparation of retail energy forecasts, which become the baseline for commodity hedging and scheduling.
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders (Retail Line of Business, Portfolio Mgmt, Trading, Risk, Credit) on a day to day basis to discuss changes and resolve issues
- Assure proper delivery, consistency, and accuracy of forecast deliverables
- Recommend and implement appropriate forecasting strategies and methodologies through research and detailed analysis of load/consumption, business requirements, risk, and opportunities
- Perform analysis on the input data streams and provide recommendations to optimize the process
- Traverse large and complex customer account, consumption, and forecast databases comfortably
- Validate market, customer, and weather inputs to the load forecasting system and assure quality and accuracy on the forecasting outputs
- Develop metric reports to identify potential improvements of the load forecasts
- Automate, streamline and enhance current processes
- Research and communicate improvements regarding weather impact, customer type volatility, losses, profiling methods, and forecasting methods
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, the basic sciences, or economics/business
- Experience in an analytical role, preferably in the energy sector
- Working knowledge of statistics and general forecasting methodologies
- Knowledge of retail electricity or gas markets is a plus
- Experience in retail load forecasting is a plus.
- Strong statistical, analytical, data management, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Data visualization experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access (or other database) skills.
- Programming experience with SQL, VBA, and one or more analytical tools (SAS, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Experience with Database Management Systems (Oracle, SQL Server) and manipulation of large data sets
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>