Generation Manager - Brigg
To manage and deliver the safe, efficient operation and maintenance of the Power Station in order to meet business requirements. Develop operational regimes for the Power Station in order to capture new and upcoming revenue streams.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the site with regard to HSE performance (including process safety), Production Performance, Asset Security, Operations and Maintenance activities in order to deliver agreed power generation production plans in line with customer requirements.
- Develop the HSE management systems, practices and culture that deliver acceptable levels of performance and ensure the safety and well being of all staff employees, contractors, agency staff, visitors and members of public.
- Oversee operations of the Asset (including managing first and second line maintenance activities and unplanned outages) in order to meet production plans, whilst complying with statutory, regulatory and Company policies, guidelines and standards and industry best practice.
- Delivery of major overhauls and plant modifications supported by the Engineering Manager Peaking Plant.
- Work with Head of Peaking Plant and Deputy Head of Peaking Plant to develop asset and business plans.
- Manage the utilization of resources (e.g. internal and external personnel) and the procurement of materials and services required for effective operations and maintenance.
- Encourage the implementation of value adding initiatives and sharing of best practice across the asset portfolio.
- Support the Head of Engineering in determining long-term asset health and the implementation of common standards and practices.
- Implementation of and compliance with defined HSE, engineering and other CEOL policies and standards
- Ensure the Power Station Management System adequately addresses process safety management
- Provide HSE leadership to the asset, ensuring effective communications with workforce on HSE matters and development of appropriate HSE competencies
- Develop Incident Management and Emergency Response measures including systems, processes and procedures
- Ensure appropriate level of learning is extracted from HSE events (including process safety events), and transferred into the organisation to prevent recurrence.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the operations activities, including risk assessments, process hazard assessments etc.
- Establish effective and positive relationships with regulatory bodies and compliance with the requirements of permits and licences (e.g. EUETS, PPC) and Major Accident Prevention Policies (MAPPs) for sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Chartered engineering status.
- Possession of a strong technical background, combined with significant managerial experience in a production environment,
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel (Government Agencies, external organisations, and the public) to ensure that all business objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Honours Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- Experience within the power generation, or similar industry, preferably gained in roles at various levels.
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record in the management of Health, Safety & the Environment ideally underpinned by a National Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate industry policies, procedures, and standards, with the ability to apply these to gain competitive advantage.
- A proven track record in the management of personnel with demonstrable experience of positively influencing staff to deliver business objectives.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Generation Manager - Brigg R9925048’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.