Power Portfolio Manager
Optimise the value from our group trading position and Power assets through intra-day trading and the optimal despatch of the power assets available to us, ensuring that decisions are executed in a safe & timely manner
Real time trading on intra-day basis to optimise value around our Power assets and Asset backed trading positions Value-add input /constructive challenge to trading, scheduling and Balancing Mechanism (BM) strategies Compliance with internal risk and industry regulatory accountabilities Optimise the value of our Power purchase agreement (PPA) and Route to market contracts Build & maintain effective relationships Carry out day to day tasks self sufficiently Ad hoc tasks as indicated by the Power Shift Management Team
- Close relationship with asset staff, tolling partners’ and PPA contacts
- Liaising with other operations team members
- Liaising with Generation Planning & Logistics management team
- Maintaining relationships/contacts with systems operators and exchanges Working with internal functions/responding to queries from internal functions, e.g. Back Office, Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, IS, Transportation
Key Success Factors
- Work within the team to add value through effective Power & Gas position management as well as the Balancing Mechanism, trading opportunities and Route to Market services.
- Development of self and others to achieve and consistently produce performance as expected in this high performing role.
- Successful & safe execution of all operational tasks within set time frames Working understanding of internal IT infrastructure for shift desk systems
- Push to improve the team from day one.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Open to new ideas and ways of working
- Proactively and effectively shares knowledge with others
- Able to challenge others and accept challenge
- Influences opinion to achieve optimal decision making
- Understands priorities, is able to prioritise and sees the bigger picture
- Team player
- Seeks guidance when appropriate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated & desire to learn
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Identify issues & recommend solutions
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High numerical reasoning ability
- Awareness of power station economics
- Awareness of the power industry and market drivers in the UK & Europe
- Awareness of Market & Credit Risk
- Ability to give & receive feedback constructively Awareness of the drivers behind power asset optimisation
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Power Portfolio Manager R9922806’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.